Since last summer (2020), 37 new and rehabilitated gauging stations are in full operation in Croatia, Romania and Bulgaria. The gauging station enable the precise gathering of water level data, which is further on being
- published on national websites and the Danube FIS Portal (https://danubeportal.com/waterLevel );
- used for further forecast calculation, published at:
- https://www.vodniputovi.hr/en/services/waterlevels/ (for Croatia)
- http://www.afdj.ro/en/content/danube-water-level (for Romania, AFDJ)
- http://appd-bg.org/exploration#data_hydro-bg (for Bulgaria)
- http://www.acn.ro/index.php/en/water-level (for Romania, ACN)
Stakeholders can fully benefit from the published information and forecasts, as the precise water level data enables an improved voyage planning with optimized loading capacities along the Danube.
The installation and rehabilitation of the gauging stations has been facilitated in the frame of the EU-co-funded project FAIRway Danube.
In country comparison, we can find:
- 4 newly installed (Siga, Petreš, Sotin, Mohovo) and 5 rehabilitated (Batina, Aljmaš, Dalj, Vukovar, Ilok) gauging stations in
- 10 newly installed (6 AFDJ at: Rast, Gura Jiului, Gradistea, Izvoarele, Rasova, Capidava and 4 ACN at: Medgidia Port, Murfatlar, Luminita Port, Cernavoda Pumping Station) and 8 rehabilitated (4 AFDJ at: Bechet, Corabia, Cernavoda, Harsova and 4 ACN, at: Agigea, Cernavoda, Ovidiu, Cernavoda Lock) gauging stations in Romania.
- and 10 newly installed gauging stations in Bulgaria (9 automatic fixed gauging stations and 1 floating automatic gauging station) located at: 7 of the gauging stations are placed on the river bank of Gomotarci, Kozloduy, Gorni Vadin, Baykal, Zagrazhden, Ryahovo and Malyk Preslavets, 2 of them are mounted on the construction of the two bridges – Ruse – Giurgiu and Vidin – Calafat. The floating gauging station is mounted on a buoy and currently is placed at rkm 430,1 near Tutrakan), in Bulgaria
Andreas Bäck (Project Coordinator)
via donau – Österreichische Wasserstraßen-Gesellschaft mbH
Donau-City-Straße 1, A-1220 Vienna
Tel: +43 (0) 50 4321-1609
Claudiu Dutu (Project Dissemination)
AFDJ – River Administration of the Lower Danube Galati
Galati, 32 Portului Street, Romania
Tel: +40 (36) 460016